Launching a product is both an exciting and stressful time for any business. Unfortunately, not all sellers achieve the results they are aiming for. Here are some of the main aspects you need to focus on and polish if you want to increase your chances of having a successful product launch.
- Determine Your Target Customers and Competitors Identify your target market so you can advertise your products to the right customers. Identify your customers’ shopping behavior, financial capacity, likes and dislikes, and demographic data. Also gather competitor information like price, review ratings, and Amazon Best Seller rank. Check the quality of their products and look for areas of improvement.
- Optimized Listings Prior to your scheduled launch, you must tick the following criteria off your list:
- High-ranking keywords – invest enough time, effort, and resources into your keyword research.
- Product listing title, descriptions, and bullet points – work on SEO-friendly content. Use your keywords as naturally as possible.
- Quality product images – Provide enough detail and aesthetic impact to attract customers.
- Reviews Reviews play a critical role in all customers’ purchase decisions; the more positive a review, the more credible your brand and product will be in the eyes of the buyers.
- Initial Sales Invest in Amazon advertising to get your product out there. Spend time learning how PPC campaigns work.
- More Exposure Amazon loves external traffic. Consider ways to rank on Google and pull traffic from your social media accounts, websites, etc.
- Optimize Your Inventory To achieve great sales velocity and killer rankings, you need two things: good inventory and reliable customer service. Make sure to take care of the logistics in advance. Running out of stock can negatively affect your ranking.
- Establish Your Brand One of the best ways to build a brand on Amazon is to take advantage of A+ content. Creating a brand story will also help your product and brand stand out from the competition.
- Protect Your Product and Brand Your brand name and logo help prevent third-party sellers from stealing your product. You can easily avoid this by getting a trademark for your brand and registering at the Amazon Brand Registry.
Not confident with your product launch strategy? Set yourself up for success. Let us help you devise a bulletproof plan. Book a call today.