As Amazon grows even bigger and busier, they become more prone to committing errors that can cost sellers serious money. Here are a few of the common FBA errors to watch out for to ensure you keep every dollar you make.
- Wrong Product Category/FBA Fees Amazon has a lot of categories and subcategories. If your products end up in the wrong ones, they may have higher fees associated with them than the categories you listed for.
- Errors on Inbound Shipments to Amazon Warehouse This includes defective or lost products. Amazon may misplace or damage your FBA inventory during fulfillment or handling of customer returns. It really doesn’t matter whether the damage occurs in the warehouse or with the buyer. The bottom line is that the seller is left at a loss.
- Lost or Damaged Items in Amazon's Warehouse Amazon stores, packs, and ships thousands of products. Losing or damaging items is not uncommon.
- Destroyed Inventory without Seller Permission This usually happens because a customer returned something damaged and it is no longer sellable. Amazon refund you for the value of the item whenever this happens.
- Customer Return Issues When a customer is refunded for your item, but the item isn’t returned to a fulfillment center within 60 days, in most cases, Amazon will charge the customer and reimburse you.
- Removal Errors Removal claims cover damages or losses that have occurred after the item left an Amazon facility.
- Incorrect Product Measurement Items are sometimes being charged at a larger dimension or weight size than they should be, so for every order, you’re being charged the wrong amount.
How Can You Get Reimbursed?
You can always open a case and request reimbursements. There are also automated reimbursement service tools that you can utilize. Whatever you choose, don’t let these opportunities fall through the cracks. Stay on top of FBA errors and retain every bit of profit you deserve.
Learn more about Amazon FBA and how you can maximize your profits. Book a call with us today.