Top 7 Listing Images
So you now have your keywords and text content for your Amazon listing. But that’s not enough to make the content of your product listing eye-catching and detailed enough to get buyers to buy. You also need to focus on another critical element of a successful ecommerce business – listing images.
Customers have a lot of options right at their fingertips. If you want to beat your competition, then having high-quality, enticing images is absolutely necessary. As most buyers tend to respond to visuals, you want to make sure you’re properly presenting your products in your listings. Images help customers decide which product is right for them. Make it easy for the buyers to choose you.
Remember, Amazon also considers image quality into their ranking algorithm. The product photos you use could spell the difference between your product ranking on page 1 or page 10 on Amazon search results.
Optimizing Amazon Product Images
If you want to be one of the top sellers on Amazon, you have to play by Amazon’s rules —particularly when it comes to product images. The last thing you want is to have your listing suppressed due to image requirement violation. However, adhering to Amazon’s technical requirements won’t guarantee success. You need to do more to properly optimize your listing photos.
At RanknBank, we go beyond just making sure you have a set of high-resolution images that you can use for your product listing. Our creative process ensures that the listing images effectively capture all the core features and benefits of the product enough for the customers to make a purchase.
Our Creative Process
- Data Gathering Process: As mentioned in our previous post, our first step in optimizing Amazon listings is to gather all the crucial information. This includes getting product listing brief, checking out the website, and having calls with the client to better understand the unique selling points the company wants to highlight in the images.
- Content Wireframe and Client Presentation: Similar to the Content Research Template we have for text content, we also devised a system to streamline our listing photo creation process. We prepare a content wireframe in a form of Google Slide presentation to draft initial design ideas for the client and designer to see. After the client provides an approval or feedback, further instructions will be sent to the graphic designer to complete the project.
Our typical guidelines include detailed instructions on how to properly showcase a product’s main features, as well as other supplemental information to help potential customers quickly understand product use and make an informed purchasing decision.
- Image Review, Revisions, and Approval: Each set of listing images is subjected to multiple rounds of assessment (both by the team and the client) to check for errors or areas of improvement. Any revision needs to be approved by the client.
- Image Upload and Dummy Listing: As an added precaution, we’ve included the creation of dummy listings (see Part 1 for more details) after the final set of images has been approved by the client.
- Final Checks and Monitoring: After uploading the new set of product photos, we will check how the images look on the live detail page and on the search results page to determine whether or not certain adjustments are needed. We will also monitor the results within the next couple of weeks to ensure that everything is picture-perfect.
Imagery is a critical component of an Amazon product listing. Your set of product photos, lifestyle images, Infographics, charts or diagrams needs to stand out and persuade your customers that the product fits their needs and lifestyles.
Picture quality on your listing could mean the difference between a click and a pass. The better your images are, the greater the chances of converting a browsing customer into a buyer. As the expression goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. So make every product image count.
Need Some Help Optimizing Your Product Photos?
Getting images right on Amazon is easier said than done. Quality product photos that entice customers to click and buy are essential to an effective Amazon strategy. If you don’t have enough experience or skills, now is not the time to DIY. Your images need to be polished in order for your product to be competitive.
Let’s talk. We’re here to help you maximize image composition, lifestyle imagery, and creativity. Start visually enhancing your listings today and see the difference in your sales conversion.