Title, Bullet Points, Description, and Backend Search Terms
Amazon product listing optimization is the process of setting up your Amazon product pages that are designed to attract new visitors and convert these visits into sales. While it is fairly easy to open a business on Amazon, the competition is steep and you have to stand out to bring in buyers to your listings.
Putting the extra time into this process pays off. Remember, a bad product listing will cost you money. Before you spend anything on paid ads, make sure that your listings are fully optimized.
How to Optimize Listings
While optimizing your Amazon product listing is a powerful method to draw more customers into your business, it requires more than just getting your product pages to rank. There are many factors to make the content of your product listing eye-catching enough to get buyers to buy.
Having a set of relevant keywords or creating detailed descriptions won’t be enough. You need to tick a lot of boxes in Amazon’s rulebook to achieve good ranking, high conversion rates, more sales, and big profits. So where do you start? Craft a good-quality text content.
At Rank N Bank, we take every step of the listing optimization process very seriously. Our meticulous process ensures that we don’t miss any keyword opportunity and that the text content is not only keyword-rich, but clear and easy to understand as well.
Our Amazon SEO Strategy
- Data gathering process: Our first step in optimizing Amazon listings is to gather all the needed information from the client. This includes getting product listing brief and having calls with the client. We also check out their website to learn more about the product and to determine the type of competition in the market.
- Competitor analysis and keyword research: After fully understanding the product, we then begin a comprehensive competitor analysis and keyword research. To ensure we do everything right every time, we developed our own Content Research Template (CRT). The SOPs in the CRT allow us to determine the most suitable mixture of keywords for a particular product, and guarantee that we’re covering all relevant keywords.
- Optimizing title, bullets, description, and backend search terms: Our CRT also serves as a guide for our copywriter in crafting the text content. The document contains detailed instructions on keyword use and placement. While keyword relevance is important, we also make sure that the copy reads well and has a natural flow in normal speech.
- Listing review and dummy listing: Each deliverable goes through multiple rounds of review and approval before it can go live. As an added precaution, we’ve included the creation of dummy listings after the final copy has been approved by the client.
A dummy listing will not actually become visible on Amazon. It is designed to check for any potential error with the proposed changes in the listing copy. Amazon’s system can be very sensitive at times, so we want to make sure any update won’t cause problems (no matter how small they are).
- Monitoring: After the changes are reflected on the live product page, we will also monitor the results within the next couple of weeks to ensure that everything is on the right track.
There’s so much to consider when implementing an Amazon SEO strategy, and many sellers fail to do it right. Unfortunately, there isn’t a top-earning product listing on Amazon that’s not properly optimized. It may need some practice and years of experience before you can really master the seemingly overwhelming process, but knowing where to focus first will help propel your success. Fixing your keywords list and text content is half the battle won. Just keep going.
Need Some Help with Your Product Listing?
Avoid having low-quality, poorly optimized Amazon product listings. Put an end to low keyword rankings, missed keyword opportunities, and poor conversion rates. And finally, stop giving more sales to your competitors!
If you’ve never created title, bullet points, description, and backend search terms, or are not yet confident with your process, now is the time to take a look at how we can help you. Start defining your success today.