All businesses on Amazon need data in order to make smart decisions. Brands need to understand their sales opportunities and what their target customers want. While Seller Central provides reports to help sellers gauge the sales demand and traffic at a product level, the data still lacks detailed information on customer behavior.
Realizing that sharing more data to sellers will help businesses grow, which in turn benefits both customers and Amazon, the e-commerce giant has offered the Amazon Brand Analytics tool.
If you are a brand-registered seller, you can access this feature from your Seller Central account. It provides sellers with extra information and valuable insights to empower brand owners in making strategic decisions about their products and marketing/advertising initiatives.
Brand Analytics offers six different reports; understanding how you can use them will definitely help grow your sales.
- Amazon Search Terms This report highlights popular keywords on Amazon. It reveals how shoppers found your products (as well as your competitor’s products) by sharing the search terms that consumers used to find the product listings. It also contains data on the share of clicks and conversions your product earned for specific search terms.
- Repeat Purchase Behaviour This report provides information about brand loyalty among Amazon customers. It provides brand owners with a competitive edge that will help them outperform third-party sellers and non-branded rivals.
- Market Basket Analysis It shows what other products shoppers buy alongside your products. You can use this data in your creation of product bundles and other cross-marketing opportunities. In addition, should the customer change their mind along the purchase journey, you can see which products were purchased instead of yours.
- Item Comparison and Alternate Purchase Behaviour This report reveals the top three products shoppers compared and purchased instead of yours. You can use this information to find competing products, build ad campaigns to target competitor products, and improve your product listings to counter competitors’ unique selling points.
- Demographics With this report, you can learn the demographic data of your customers by age, gender, household income, education, and marital status. You can use this information to assess the effectiveness of your ad targeting settings and make better decisions in future product development.
- Amazon Attribution This report is still in beta testing and only available in Canada, the US, the UK, and some European countries. This report shows brand owners how their external marketing channels, like search and social media, affect their sales on Amazon.
Data-driven marketing is key to growing your business. Make the most of your Amazon Brand Registry membership and start using the complementary insights in Brand Analytics. Leverage brand-specific, Amazon-wide data and start making informed, strategic decisions for your business.
Got questions? Book a call with us!